This whole duck Dynasty thing is tiring. I sit back and read Facebook post after Facebook post and walk away feeling like I have wasted a whole lot of time on Facebook. Well…I guess in the end it gets me to do other things and not be on Facebook so I guess it’s not all bad…lol
Here is the deal, as I see it…no matter what side you are on, and I don’t just mean with Duck Dynasty. I mean political, there are both good and bad.
I came from a very strong Christian background. Rather conservative actually. I found my voice in my late teens and decided that I would tell myself how to live and not others.
Over the last 25-years of my life, since I started this whole soul searching thing, I have found that BOTH sides are quite bossy and I don’t like either of them fully.
There are some things I do, but some I don’t. I guess I am in the middle? Well if you draw a line down the exact middle maybe I would sway one way or another, who knows. I don’t really keep a list. I just live with my heart. What I DO know is that I listen to myself and not dictators.
Think dictators happen in socialism only…no way. Both sides have them bad.
Here is what I mean and if this pisses you off well…leave, because I don’t care who is with me or not really. It’s my little world in here anyway.
Christianity teaches that all are loved by God and can live with him again someday. They also teach forgiveness and all that fun stuff about love, no judging etc. So I went to Dictionary dot com and looked up the word judge. Here are a couple definitions:
- A person appointed to decide in any competition, contest, or matter at issue; authorized arbiter: the judges of a beauty contest.
- A person qualified to pass a critical judgment.
So…this is all good however, kicking people out of churches, not recognizing significant others and so on and so on…I think the definition fell short of most Christian religions.
Then you have the churches where their higher clergy are spared prison for doing sexual crimes against children. It seems absolutely absurd to me that most Fathers, Ministers etc that do harm to someone sexually, are just get moved. Really? But if some normal non head of church guy or girl do a sexual crime they go to prison? Ya I think prison is the right way to go…ALL OF THEM!
Now onto the other side…
OK so I am with you on a lot of things. I have wanted gay rights forever. Who cares who wants to love who…live and let live. I think it’s great that so many states are starting to realize that. There are other issues as well that I am all for. But you know one thing that just rubs me the wrong way…the extreme liberals are really just as bad as the extreme conservatives. NO ONE is allowed to have their opinion or free speech or they are put in the ringer.
So here is what I get from both sides.
- I am not allowed to post my opinion if it differs from yours or you rant all over me.
- I don’t support you and I am no longer your friend because my beliefs might be different on a certain subject matter then yours.
Then you both preach to me how moral and awesome you are…really? So I am damned if I do or damned if I don’t. Here is the thing…I am not here to please you. I am here to please myself, my family and my God, whatever or whomever I believe in.
Now here in my eyes is what is wrong with this whole Duck Dynasty thing.
- It was pretty damn obvious from the beginning that they had conservative beliefs. Sorry A & E but duh. It took me about 15 minutes to figure that out.
- If I don’t like a show I DON’T WATCH IT! Actually I don’t even watch Duck Dynasty, I think its lame, I tried a couple episodes, but I think they are getting a bad rap.
- So for all the extreme liberals. There have been so many shows about gays etc and they don’t get banned off the TV…Hello Will and Grace and yes a big fan I am. I also loved and love watching Ellen and more. So where was all the publicity when these came out from the Conservatives? The shows happen, they make us laugh or feel good and they lasted a long time. There are a whole lot more on today. But now you all cry because a conservative shares his view? Really? HELLO…FREE SPEECH IS NOT ONE SIDED! Do I agree with Duck Dynasty’s views, not really but that does not matter, they are not mine and I have never claimed them to be mine. I DON’T WATCHTHE SHOW!
Do some research the most extreme conservatives and the most extreme Democrats and Liberals had the fattest bank accounts. Ya…both are making a killing on dictating what their sides will believe and fight for. That to me is the problem. They have everyone else fighting their fight and getting the payday and laughing the whole way to the bank.
If you claim to only be left or right then I think that you are the problem. Why not claim to have a brain and think for yourself.
- Turn off a show you don’t like and find something you do. It’s funny how no one is complaining about the half-naked women and nasty swear words all over regular prime time TV that some let their children watch, but they complain about this?
- Don’t try to be part of a group you don’t mesh with and then try to change it, start your own.
- Don’t point your finger at everyone else and blame them without noticing that there are three more fingers pointing back at yourself.
- Don’t be a people pleaser and change your opinions like you do your underwear. Figure out what you stand for and live like it.
- Let people do the same and shut up! If it physically hurts you then that is another story. Someone voicing their beliefs does not HURT you. You don’t have to listen and you never have to speak to them again.
These internet wars and physical wars are not just because of one side people. They are because both sides have way to much vested in the fight. No one let’s anyone just be anymore and we try to dictate everyone’s life.