HAPPY FRIDAY THE 13TH!!!!
I love WTFriday moments from my readers and I have my first one to share. Remember that I want your WTFriday moment and I will share it. if you want linked back to your page too I will do that too!
This weeks it’s all about cell phones. Here is what my reader Sherri shared…Thanks Sherri!
“people who sit on equipment and talk on the cell phone. I should say this has been my husband’s gripe. He would wait and wait and wait for a woman to get off a weight bench so he could use it. He would rotate around to other weight machines while he was waiting. Most of the time he wouldn’t get that particular machine. People can be so rude! I think cell phones need to be turned off inside the gym. If there’s an emergency, I can understand using it, but not to talk to your girlfriend about your weekend plans at the clubs.”
So let me list my cell phone etiquette complaints.
- When you go through a checkout, get off the damn phone. It’s rude! If it’s an emergency then why the hell are you in line at the grocery or retail store?!
- We don’t all want to hear your conversation. Talk at a normal voice please…the whole world does not need to know your life story.
- When you are out on a date, even with a spouse, or friend. Don’t put your cell phone on the table and then answer every little text and alert you get. Fine if you have kids and want it for emergencies, but Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram are not emergencies. Oh and if you choose to have a conversation with other friends while out with me then please schedule dinner with them next time.
- Please stop texting during movies…your screen is obnoxious and you can be 4-5 rows in from of me and it will still glare in my face.
- Turn off your alerts during the night. It’s one thing to get emergency calls int he middle of the night, that is fine. But you can decide when it too late to get FB, Twitter and other social media alerts. Shouldn’t your family take priority over you phone? Mine goes off at 6:00 pm and does not go back on til 9 am.
Thanks to my awesome reader for sharing today.
Again…I would love your WTFriday story to share! Contact me via my contact tab or simply leave a comment!